List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Article about kopete
From:       Alejandro Exojo <suy () badopi ! org>
Date:       2003-08-17 21:42:21

El Viernes, 15 de Agosto de 2003 18:09, Jason Keirstead escribió:
> I attached a cleaned-up English translation I did quickly. All I did was
> make it a bit more coherent,  I did not fix the mistake sin what you said.

Thanks A LOT!. It's great for me to improve my english, and for kopete to
improve the article :-). There were a lot of mistakes; next time, I will
consider writing in english, and translating to spanish. I will update the
article ASAP.

> - You make a pont that Instant Messaging is different from IRC. In reality
> it is not, IRC is just another instant messaging protocol. This is
> especially apparant in Kopete, where there is no visbile difference between
> an IRC chat and any other group chat, and no difference between an IRC
> query and any other instant message.

OK, I understand. But anyway, my intention was only to calm down people like
my mother, who are frightened of the idea of children chatting with strange
people. :-)

> - You say that you can only connect to one IRC server at a time, which is
> not true. Kopete 0.7 lets you add as many IRC accounts as you want. I am
> connected to three servers right now!

Yes!! :-( I noticed that a few minutes after posting the article, and just
now, it's corrected in the published version. I was looking for a "conect
with server..." option, and finally I saw that annother account could be
created, with a new IRC server.

Thanks again for your comments and your help. :-)

Best regards.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0xAA8D2A01
http://lacurva.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@es.tipic.com