On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Stefan Gehn wrote: > On Friday August 15 2003 17:11, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote: > > On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Stefan Gehn wrote: > > > I'm just thinking about how to handle ICQ-contacts that we don't have > > > been authorized by yet. I'd like to do it like in original ICQ by putting > > > them into a group named "Awaiting Authorization" (or "Waiting for > > > Authorization", forgot the exact name). > > > For this to work the best I'd like to have some API to either reserve > > > certain group-names as "system-only" or have another way of adding a > > > group with a special flag for that. > > > The "Temporary Contacts" group falls into the same category, I'm not sure > > > how that one is handled though. > > > > > > What do others think about such an API or is there an even better way of > > > handling all this? > > > > I think "temporary contacts" is best place. Both gadu and MSN are using it > > for contacts that are not authorized. > > But that's wrong. "Temporary Contacts" was invented to contain contacts that > messaged you but weren't moved to any persistent group yet (reason: if you > don't move them they won't appear on your list on next load). > ICQ-Contacts with no authorization are already on your serverside-contactlist Reserve a group "not authorized contacts" for them, on your side. Or better, add some fancy color/icon to them so they will be different from those authorized :] There is no need to add anything to kopete to do this, imo. -- GJ _______________________________________________ Kopete-devel mailing list Kopete-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kopete-devel