List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] API for reserving certain group-names
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-08-15 14:20:50

On Friday August 15 2003 17:11, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2003, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> > I'm just thinking about how to handle ICQ-contacts that we don't have
> > been authorized by yet. I'd like to do it like in original ICQ by putting
> > them into a group named "Awaiting Authorization" (or "Waiting for
> > Authorization", forgot the exact name).
> > For this to work the best I'd like to have some API to either reserve
> > certain group-names as "system-only" or have another way of adding a
> > group with a special flag for that.
> > The "Temporary Contacts" group falls into the same category, I'm not sure
> > how that one is handled though.
> >
> > What do others think about such an API or is there an even better way of
> > handling all this?
>
> I think "temporary contacts" is best place. Both gadu and MSN are using it
> for contacts that are not authorized.

But that's wrong. "Temporary Contacts" was invented to contain contacts that
messaged you but weren't moved to any persistent group yet (reason: if you
don't move them they won't appear on your list on next load).
ICQ-Contacts with no authorization are already on your serverside-contactlist
and thus do not belong into "temporary contacts".

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein