List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: Minimal version of libstdc++ to build cvs
From:       Bob Tanner <tanner () real-time ! com>
Date:       2003-08-02 5:22:11

On Friday 01 August 2003 06:30 pm, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Saturday 02 August 2003 00:45, Bob Tanner wrote:
> > So, what is the main development platform for most of the kopete
> > developers?
>
> gcc 2.95.x or 3.2.x and newer primarily. 2.96 and 3.0.x/3.1.x are not
> shipped by most distro's and generally considered too buggy. Add to that
> that RedHat is fairly uncommon in the KDE world...

I'm part of a project that is changing that :-)
http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/ and I'm trying to get kopete to compile
for rh73 for inclusion into our repository.

> Anyway, I still have your mail as a TODO, I hope to look into it this
> weekend. Given the weather forecast I might swap it with sitting outside
> enjoying the sun though ;)

No problem. Just wanted poke the list and make sure my report was a valid one.

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>         | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500