List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Crash on new message receive
From:       Stefan Gehn <sgehn () gmx ! net>
Date:       2003-07-31 10:02:45

Moin,

On Donnerstag Juli 31 2003 07:49, David Levitan wrote:
> kopete: [void OscarSocket::parseIM(Buffer&)] charsetNumber=0,
> charsetSubset=0

Just a sidenote, don't we all love incoming messages with no encoding
specified? ;)
That's what I _always_ get, it looks like no client has this implemented
(anymore), a pitty. Let's hope I can get type-2 UTF message parsing done soon
as that would already help a lot for non latin1 speakers (and for EUR
people).

> kopete: [void OscarSocket::parseIM(Buffer&)] unknown encoded message
> kopete: [void OscarSocket::parseIM(Buffer&)] emit gotIM(),
> contact='davidbl420', message='test' encoding=(nil)
> kopete: [void OscarAccount::slotGotIM(QString, QString, bool)] Message
> from contact that is not on our contact
> list, sender='davidbl420'

Is this really a new contact? If yes then please also try with a contact
already on your list, maybe that makes a difference and gives me a hint where
to search for the bug.

> kopete: [virtual bool OscarAccount::addContactToMetaContact(const
> QString&, const QString&, KopeteMetaContact*
> )] New Contact 'davidbl420' wasn't in internal list. Creating new
> internal list entry
> kopete: Temporary new contact, only adding him to local list
> kopete: [virtual bool OscarAccount::addContactToMetaContact(const
> QString&, const QString&, KopeteMetaContact*
> )] Requesting user info for 'davidbl420'
> kopete: [void OscarSocket::sendUserProfileRequest(const QString&)] Called.

I doubt it crashed in this function (didn't change it lately) so I really need
a backtrace.

> WARNING: KDE detected X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) \x08
>    Major opcode:  *

Sucky X (i.e. this message does not help), probably caused by the crash.

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein