List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] MSN: blocking contacts and info leakage
From:       Will Stephenson <william.stephenson () ncl ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2003-07-11 14:34:53

I just noticed that the presentation of a contact who has blocked you is
inconsistent.

A blocking contact appears as Offline in the contactlist.  Attempt to message
them anyway, and you'll be told they're online, but have blocked you.  This
differs from what happens with someone who's really offline; you get a
message that they are offline and messages shouldn't be delivered.

This might be seen by some as a Good Thing but we should respect the privacy
of people who need to block others - after all, they might just be Kopete
users!

Will
--
Will Stephenson