Hi Duncan I see from IRC and a couple of commits that you're making moves towards integration/linking with the main KDE addressbook. I'd be interested to know what the plan is, things that I wonder about are: - mandatory or optional participation in both the Kopete contactlist file and kabc. The last time kabc integration was discussed this was the issue that divided Kopete developers as I'm sure you'll remember. - relationship between Kopete structures and kabc. I'm guessing metacontacts in Kopete <-> kabc entries? - 2 way integration, for linked records, will we both update kabc as metacontact contents change and react if kabc's IM address entries are changed outside of Kopete? - contact metadata - we were talking last night about how to store buddy icons in kabc, and we should also have a policy for relating IM obtained contact data to that in kabc. We could limit it to using IM userinfo to populate a new kabc entry generated from a metacontact, but since different protocols support different sets of user info the mapping could be tricky. I'm interested in this myself as I was augmenting the ICQ userinfo support recently. cheers Will -- Will Stephenson IRC: Bille _______________________________________________ Kopete-devel mailing list Kopete-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kopete-devel