List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Coding standards (please read)
From:       Christopher TenHarmsel <tenharmsel () staticmethod ! net>
Date:       2003-04-07 13:15:43

On Monday 07 April 2003 08:05, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Monday 07 April 2003 01:44, Christopher TenHarmsel wrote:
> > [...] and many many if...else statements with no curly braces.
>
> The curly braces might be my mistake. Your coding style quite closely
> follows mine, except that I use braces only when either the if or the else
> part (or both) use more than one line of code (line, not statement).
> Because our styles are so close I may have missed this subtle detail in
> your style. Sorry!

Not a big deal, I think I overreacted a little.   I do like the curly braces
everywhere you can  though :)  I used to leave them out a lot, but then I
found myself going and editing if...else statements, and ending up putting
them back in when I wanted to do anything more in them.  So I just started
using them all the time, and found that it helps me navigate though code more
quickly.

Thanks though,
Chris
--