List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] CRASH (with BT)
From:       Ladislav Strojil <Ladislav.Strojil () seznam ! cz>
Date:       2003-03-31 22:09:45

On Monday 31 March 2003 11:42, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Monday 31 March 2003 11:18, Ladislav Strojil wrote:
> > I know that icq_new is not currently maintained, but well, it would be
> > nice if it did work more or less, because OSCAR is still IMHO nowhere
> > near to replace it.
>
> Well, it "works more or less" in Kopete 0.6 so until we start thinking
> about a 0.7 release I don't think ICQ's brokenness is a problem for HEAD.

I tried the Branch (6.x) and the problem exists there too. This might then be
related to gcc 3.2.2 or just the complex set of changes from MDK9.0 to
MDK9.1.

But when I think of it, Kopete used to crash upon new message arrival even
before I upgraded. Hmmm.

This is not 100% reproducible, sometimes it seems to me that it crashes on
Online/Offline notification - but I cannot really tell, as the message
causing the crash is not displayed and/or written to log, so I can only guess
it has arrived (if I run kopete from konsole, I can sometimes see is in the
debug output).

I understand that this is not a big concern as icq_new is old, but I just
thought I'll let you know. :-)))

Feel free to ignore my ranting. :-)

Lada

--