List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] kdenonbeta/kopete/protocols/jabber
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-31 12:20:08

On Monday 31 March 2003 13:22, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > If you can add this to the Kopete API and make ::connect(),
> > ::disconnect(), ::setAway() and ::setAvailable non-virtual, instead
> > internally calling ::setOnlineStatus() and port all plugins you would be
> > my hero for the day :)
>
> YES. THANKYOU. THANKYOU VERY MUCH.
>
> THIS IS THE SORT OF THING I'VE BEEN TRYING TO PUSH THROUGH FOR YEARS.
> DUDE, I LOVE YOU.

Hint: determining the proper KOS object to use from within KopeteProtocol
requires the KOS to be registered somewhere first, or KopeteProtocol doesn't
know what KOS to use for, say, Away or Disconnect.

Available is easy, because it's simply the 'pre-away' status, but the other
three need more work.

--
Martijn