List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/plugins/translator
From:       Jason Keirstead <jason () keirstead ! org>
Date:       2003-03-29 16:53:22

On March 29, 2003 04:06 am, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> > CVS commit by dmacvicar:
> >
> > o oh, API changed, compile then
>
> I yould like to keep kopetemessage::body() accessor.
> Babbelfish can translate HTML text without problem. and keep the richText

So use parsedBody() and set the new message using setBody( strMessage, KopeteMessage::ParsedHTML  )
This is how it is supposed to be done so you don't lose information.

The three accessors plainBody(), parsedBody(), and escapedBody(), are what
should be used because they will return the same format no matter what the underlying
message format is, PlainText or RichText. body() accessed the message contents directly,
so you don't know what you're getting out unless you look at the message type as well.
This is bad.

We need to start thinking about these things as we geat up to support real RTF.

--
Jason Keirstead, BCS
http://www.keirstead.org