List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] XSLT Threading?
From:       Gav Wood <gav () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-03-29 12:24:41

On Friday 28 March 2003 17:16, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> Could anyone with more experience in QThread look at kopetexsl.cpp/h and
> maybe let me know what I am doing wrong RE async transforms? The threads
> still seem to totally block the UI while they are transforming for some
> reason that is beyond me. I have looked into it and libxslt *is*
> thread-safe, so I think it must be something I am doing wrong.

ermmm.....

i think you might be mistaken..... :-)

to check out whether or no your async code was blocking or not i put a
"sleep(2);" in the run() method.

i also debuged the output so i knew whether it was attempting an async
transform or not.

the gui runs just fine (i even closed the prefs window having selected another
style, to see it update the window 2 seconds later!).

of couse the synchronous tranforms block the gui for 2 seconds, as they
should.

so sorry - your code works over here :-D

gav