List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] 0.6.1a MSN crash backtrace + debug
From:       Will Stephenson <lists () stevello ! free-online ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-03-05 0:12:22

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 18:57, Andy Goossens wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 March 2003 16:30, Will Stephenson wrote:
> > Received from Verwilst, don't know what kde version he's using and for
> > once he's not about ;).
>
> I can confirm this bug with KDE 3.0.x
>
> It crashes when a MSN contact changes his name after you've talked to each
> other. It only seems to happen when the chat is already closed.

Andy, can you post the debug output you get when this happens next?

What I think happens is

* There is a QMap containing KopeteContactLVIs in the chatview, used for the
dockable list of contacts in the chat
* These LVIs are connected to the displayNameChanged signal that Contacts
emit, and call sort on their parent listview after the name changes
* The LVIs persist after the deletion of their chatview.  When they get the
signal and try to sort the deleted listview, we crash.

What i'm not sure is that the debug that I posted with Verwilst's crash
relates to that crash, I would expect the last output to show a chatwindow
closing, so I could do with debug that is known to correspond.  I have yet to
reproduce it myself.

Also Jason, I know you've erased all knowledge of older versions of Kopete,
but could you undergo hypnosis to see if there's any way the QMap
ChatView::memberContactMap could cause KopeteContactLVIs to hang around after
the rest of the chatview is gone?  I note that QMap is value based and that
one holds KopeteContactLVI *, could that have any effect?

cheers all

Will