List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] MSN, Jabber: problems removing users not in server contact list
From:       Will Stephenson <lists () stevello ! free-online ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-02-28 23:54:38

Hi all

I just noticed this while trying to keep up with Duncan's IM account changes.
It appears to be difficult to remove contacts which are in your local
contactlist but have already been removed from the server side lists.  How is
this possible?

Suppose you use Kopete from two PCs.  User Bob has a jabber account A and an
msn account B.  Some time later he buys bobisking.com and creates new msn and
jabber accounts P and Q.  So I've got Bob A P B Q in my contactlist, where A
and B are always offline, so you get sick of them and remove those contacts
on your work machine.  You go home and try to do the same, but in Jabber
nothing happens, and in MSN you get an error message "This user is not in
your contact list".

Will