List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Problems compiling kopete 0.5-1
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-31 10:48:26

On Friday 31 January 2003 11:35, Michael Obster wrote:
> without patching and kde 3.0.5a I get here a problem cause ktextedit.h
> does not exit anymore:
>
> (...) -fno-check-new  -c -o kopetechatwindow.lo `test -f
> kopetechatwindow.cpp || echo './'`kopetechatwindow.cpp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That one is not auto-generated, I thought you were still talking about
addwizardui.cpp, which comes from addwizardui.ui...

> kopetechatwindow.cpp:45: ktextedit.h: No such file or directory

Obviously, that file is new in KDE 3.1.

And I think I know the problem... the KDE_VERSION checks. Those were fixed
shortly after Kopete 0.5 was released.

there's probably a #if KDE_VERSION > 305 there, right?

You could make that KDE_VERSION > 309 instead, or wait for the upcoming Kopete
0.6 which is _supposed_ to build on KDE 3.0 :)

(Note that KDE_VERSION occurs in more files, grep is your friend :)
--
Martijn