List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Misc info re: 0.6 release and showstoppers
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-30 20:19:31

On Thursday 30 January 2003 19:21, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> At least the MC is now getting the UIN as displayName(). Too bad when the
> nickname arrives from the icq-server the MC already refuses nickname
> updates from the Contact (but I think it was like that before).

Why does it? It shouldn't, even when using setDisplayName().

That said, in this case you want to rename a meta contact so rename() is
preferred over setDisplayName, because rename iterates over children and
setDisplayName does not.

The patch seems fine, but I don't know ICQ well enough to consider my vote
definitive.
--
Martijn