List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/protocols/oscar [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-30 10:56:08

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 20:12, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> CVS commit by mklingens:
>
> I give up trying to hunt down the uninitialized vars as reported by
> valgrind. Somewhere in this code they are, but the line number valgrind
> reports me (an if() statement) surprises me, as at that location each and
> every member of the TBuddy struct has been set by the call to get().

My experience with valgrind is that it is usually correct in reporting these
issues (Although it gets confused with constucts like int foo: 1;) but that
the line number reported may be slightly incorrect.

It can help to add lines like: if (foo == 123456) return; to see if "foo" is
initialzed at a certain point.

Removing -O2 from the compile line might also help al little. It makes the
generated code match the source code better.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com