List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Moving some files on the CVS server
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-12-16 10:02:13

On Monday 16 December 2002 09:51, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Martijn Klingens said:
> >cp libkopete/ui/kopetecontactlistview.* kopete/
> >cp libkopete/ui/kopetegroupviewitem.* kopete/
> >cp libkopete/ui/kopetemetacontactlvi.* kopete/
> >cp libkopete/ui/kopetewindow.* kopete/
> >cp libkopete/ui/statusbaricon.* kopete/
>
> I suggest to copy theses files in kopete/ui/  or in ui/

That makes no sense, since _NO_ other directory is allowed to include files
from there. It's just the Kopete application that uses them and this is
strictly private API that may not be used by plugins or even by libkopete...

> We have talked about ui plugins

Yes, but until now there are none, so I prefer to make the public API as small
as possible and document it first. Remember that header files of the public
API will be installed, and will need to preserve binary compatibility soon.
I'd rather see a small and mature public API for Kopete 1.0 than a big and
unmaintainable one.

Therefore I moved a lot of the GUI code out of libkopete, where it currently
isn't needed, so I can concentrate on the API that we _do_ need.

> (i hope it isn't too late :-s )

It is too late now, David Faure just committed ;-)

--
Martijn