List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/protocols/icq_new
From:       Roberto Selbach Teixeira <maragato () conectiva ! com>
Date:       2002-11-02 14:21:57

Hi,

On Saturday 02 November 2002 01:02, Nick Betcher wrote:
> supports, you guessed it, latin based characters. My patch is correct, but
> maybe we need a way to select the encoding ASAP?

But if the encoding is wrong, I wonder what encoding should I set for my
system. Currently, QTextCodec::codecForLocale()->name() returns the expected
'ISO 8859-1'. That is the charset I would select if there was a GUI option
anyway. So isn't something else wrong?

The "guilty" line is icqcontact.cpp:230

	sendMessage->Message = msgString.utf8();

Removing the utf8() call solves the problem for me, although I'd expect other
problems to arise with people with different encodings.

	Roberto.