List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/protocols/icq_new/libicq
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-14 19:57:19

On Monday 14 October 2002 14:19, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> Errrr.... is that going in 0.5? I remember you it is already packages, if
> you need something to go in "urgent" mode, send me patches PER FILE against
> KOPETE_0_5_RELEASE tag, and retag the file using cvs tag -F
> KOPETE_0_5_RELEASE file

May I recommend you to retag yourself? ;-)

If other people than the release coordinator start tagging files themselves
things will become a mess since nobody knows if the tag is still current...

Previous KDE releases have paid their price for that, nowadays only the
release coordinator tags files, and that makes a lot of sense to me.

As for the other issue, fixes that need to go into the release should indeed
be notified to you explicitly now.

Last question: will we make the tag a branch after release (KOPETE_0_5_BRANCH,
starting at the KOPETE_0_5_RELEASE tag) or will we release point releases off
HEAD?
--
Martijn