List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] MSN message hangling : Questions...
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () tiscalinet ! be>
Date:       2002-08-09 20:36:57

hi
I have large bug with the convertation has several with MSN

I did a little look at the code to solve the problem and I ask the followed
questions:

in MSNProtocol::slotMessageRecieved(const KopeteMessage &msg)
(msnprotocol.cpp line 1052)

This slot tries to find the KopeteMessageManager in connection with the
convertation. If it does not find any, it creates one of them (I do not see
in which case the KMM would not exist)
And then it call manager->appenMessage(msg)

The problem is that it make with de contact sender of the message but, in the
convertation with more than two people, only one is indicated.  Or, it may be
that it have there several windows with the same person.

my first idea is to rename the slot to MSNProtocol::slotMessageRecieved(const
KopeteMessage &msg, MSNSwitchBoardSocket * service) and to take the KMM
correspond to the service

but I had another idea:  why not remove MSNProtocol::slotMessageRecieved and
make KopeteMessageManager::appendMessage() in a slot and connect dirrectly
the MSNSwitchBoradSocket::msgReceived to KopeteMessageMannager::apendMessage
in MSNPotocol::slotCreateChat?
This is a little faster and very easy to make. I personally made this at home
and that work very well

In the same idea, why not remove MSNProtocol::slotMessageSent and connect
directly de KMM to the SwitchBoardSocket?

---
Olivier Goffart