List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] capabilites design
From:       Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-15 20:47:27

El Saturday 15 June 2002 15:47, Martijn Klingens escribió:
> On Saturday 15 June 2002 20:41, Andres Krapf wrote:
> >  * aim can have a contact picture, which (even if not supported yet)
> > might be displayed at the bottom of the chat window
>
> Make that top, like in trillian, I think that looks better. of course only
> trying it actually can really tell, but I think bottom is wrong here.

XML contact list should support setting a pic for each metacontact
I would prefer a capabilitie to request AIM pecific ( and icq) pic and setting
it automaticly to the metacontact pic

Duncan

> >  * the buttons like color and fonts should be capabilities (because some
> > plugins might not have them, see msn-bg color for example)
>
> Capabilities are non-extensible unless you found a magic wonder-potion to
> solve that. If not I think capabilities are not an option. Not to mention
> that 'capabilities' is not a requirement, but a possible implementation...
>
> Martijn

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett     | duncan@puc.cl  |
KDE Developer              | duncan@kde.org |

http://www.mac-vicar.com   | ICQ: 31947372  |