List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Linuxtag
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-11 22:18:47

On Thursday 06 June 2002 00:08, Andres Krapf wrote:
> i'm sure you'll be a great Kopete representative :-)

Not that great, actually, because the firewall prevented me from actually
showing Kopete in action. With SSH tunnelling I could get MSN to connect, but
at the moment I tried to start a chat things went wrong again. And I didn't
have time to setup another demo account for ICQ, AIM or whatever else.

Still, interest in Kopete was high and most people seem to like it a lot,
which is of course great to hear. Tomorrow I'll try to catch up with the rest
of kopete-devel and mail about the things I discussed with some developers
(spoiler: kdelibs needs a more generic framework to configure and load
plugins, so e.g. KView, Kopete, Noatun and Konqueror can share the same
backend code and widgets. This of course requires the switch to CVS HEAD for
kdelibs, so I am inclined to opt for inclusion in KDE 3.1 now, instead of
3.2, because this plugin code would need some redesign pretty soon to get the
build system clean.)

Please don't reply yet to the above summary, I'll post a more formal RFC
later.

Martijn