List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Dutch translation needed?
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinse () kde ! nl>
Date:       2002-06-01 21:13:23

Op zaterdag 1 juni 2002 20:20, schreef Frederik Himpe:

> On Saturday 01 June 2002 13:14, Rinse de Vries wrote:
> > Ther is no kopete.po present in our cvs, so there is no translation that
> > I am aware of.
> > So for me it's Ok for you to start translating kopete :)
> >
> > Please contact me about how to translate kopete etc.
>
> Hello,
>
> There was a recent post on kopete-devel explaining the translation process
> with kbabel (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kopete-devel&m=102249558708638&w=2).
Well, it takes more then just to know kbabel to translate a KDE application.
Of course, there is no objection against translating something on your own,
but if you want to follow the guidelines of the Dutch KDE, then you should
also read the info on www.kde.org/international/nl/nl
and create a translation database, to keep consistent with the rest of KDE.

Besides, KBabel has a lot of configuration options, so to make sure that
everyone uses the same style, we appreciate that all kbabel's used for Dutch
translation have a similar setup.

After translating the file, if you like,  you can send it to me for
proofreading etc..

kind regards, Rinse