List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Re: kdenonbeta/kopete/kopete
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-01 15:53:30

On Saturday 01 June 2002 17:24, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> I finally decided to stop getting involved in any way because it looks like
> nobody cares about bugs. I tried to describe the bugs I have regarding the
> queueing-system and messages but the only answer was to stop flaming. I
> don't know why trying to state the problem is flaming, I hoped to get any
> help why there are messages who do not show up immediately but only after I
> have reopened the messagewindow.

That was not the only answer you got, but if you do /quit in IRC within 30
seconds of receiving such a message that would not give me much time to
respond, no? I was already typing a response when you left the channel,
apparently pissed-off for nothing. Sorry, but with such an impatient attitude
nobody will ever be able to help you or listen to you. Patience is a virtue,
you know, and people might prefer to think a bit before answering, not to
mention that we don't all type 200+ characters per minute.

> Also I feel a bit sad about the shape of the jabber-plugin because the
> author did not look at how the other plugins handle the prefs-layouting. I
> don't know if he does not know about layouting or if I am the only one
> looking at examples of how things should be coded like.

Did you report those issues? Not everyone knows QLayout, people coming from
almost any platform are used to hardcoded widget sizes and don't even know
that Qt offers something way more powerful. And not all plugin authors use
all plugins and hence look closely at them (and at first sight you won't
notice the plugins have a better layouting, only when resizing windows!)

> Anyway, I'm not going to aks questions about kopete anymore now,

Well, so be it then. At least thanks for what you did do in the past for
Kopete, and feel free to reconsider your decision and send in patches again
or commit yourself...

Martijn