List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Skins for 0.5?
From:       Rob Kaper <cap () capsi ! com>
Date:       2002-05-30 20:55:34

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 07:58:05AM +0000, Hendrik vom Lehn wrote:
> Ho do you find the idea of skins for kopete?

Control Panel -> Look & Feel, then play with Colors, Fonts, Widget Styles
and Window Manager Decorations.

Skins are evil and look and feel should be handled consistently throughout
an desktop environment such as KDE. Just like MDI is completely retarded, a
decent window manager could group tasks and the need for MDI vanishes.

Implementing any of this on the application level is.. well, let's just say
I'm glad I won't be wasting *my* time on it. :-)

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | Gimme some love, gimme some skin,
cap@capsi.com | if we ain't got that then we ain't got much