List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] 0.4 release, IRC discussion
From:       Bruno Rodrigues <bruno.rodrigues () litux ! org>
Date:       2002-05-26 22:49:53

On Sat, 2002-05-25 at 02:28, Andres Krapf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Duncan, Martijn and i have been discussing changes to the release plan for a
> successful 0.4 release.
>
> we arrived at the following conclusions:
> (...)
>      - the yahoo plugin doesn't implement the chat functionality and does not
> use KMM. therefore, it won't be bundled with 0.4. the best plans are to
> release a parallel yahoo tarball for 0.4, which is intended to attract
> developers. whoever is the current maintainer of the yahoo plugin, what do
> you think of this idea ?

I, once again, apologize for not being coding the yahoo plugin, but I'm
having lots of work here in Vodafone PT.

Yahoo plugin shouldn't even be active in plugins makefile.am because I
guess it won't even compile with latest changes.

If someone wants to pick the job or help me, I could give some hints and
buggy code to start with. It's a lot of garbage to commit to cvs but I
could send by email.

The hard part is to use the newest protocol. Current code doesn't even
log in, just uses the old method to get the buddy list.

Again, please bear with me and give me some time....