List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] [IMPORTANT] please read
From:       Nick Betcher <nbetcher () usinternet ! com>
Date:       2002-05-21 2:53:06

On Monday 20 May 2002 03:39 pm, Andres Krapf wrote:
> since 0.3, we have sucessfully unified kopete with KopeteChatWindows and
> KopeteMessageManagers. this means that kopete will now work a lot better
> for the user. to name a few benefits:
>  - same look and feel for all the plugins
>  - more options (think KopeteBalloons !!)
> we also had the addition of:
>  - irc and jabber plugins (and possibly yahoo too)
>
> the unified notifications alone are worth a lot to the user (as you'll
> remember, if you used 0.3 :-)
>
> that's why a release now would be a good thing. it'd make the users very
> happy.
>
> we are now at a point where we have almost every feature of 0.3 integrated
> into the new framework. the release plan previously posted for 0.4 stated
> that the release should be about two weeks from now. it looks realistic.
>
> BUT, i certainly don't have enough visibility on all of kopete codebase to
> check for sure. so if you can think of showstoppers for this release,
> please, let us know !
>
> to name one:
>  - ICQ can't authorize a user to add to conctact list (is that right ?)

I would personally like to see people test out IRC more and try to find some
bugs, with a reproducible situation (many reported "bugs" are very vague and
aren't consistently reproducible).

ICQ also has many other features and useful functions that many users use.
(Another one being Invisible support).

IMHO there is a lot to do before releasing 0.4 and quite honestly users won't
really care about KMM, as much as you'd like to think so (users, not those
half users/developers). We care because Kopete is our child and code
reusability to a developer is awsome :)