List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Proposal to branch
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-19 14:31:20

On Sunday 19 May 2002 14:17, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Kicking off the clamouring-masses shit is getting rid of int
> capabilities. I personally think that this is stupid, as it allows
> protocols to share code for those unused bits you never see in more than
> one protocol, like colour support, but there you go.

1. A *generic* and *extensible* solution in libkopete is more than welcome. I
am opposed to the capabilities in their current form, because it's neither of
those, at least not without recompiling libkopete. A better solution would be
seriously appreciated though.

2. At least MSN and ICQ support colours, MSN only foreground, ICQ also
background. And if I'm not mistaken AIM and Yahoo support it as well, though
AFAICS not in Kopete, only in their native clients. No idea about Jabber. IRC
obviously doesn't support it at all.

Martijn