List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Kopete NewsPaper, first edition
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-15 19:12:28

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 18:41, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:
> > Same here, this mostly old code as well. It works for one-to-one chats,
> > but multi-user chats will surely break. I cannot implement everything at
> > the same time though :-P
>
> multi-user chat works exactly the same as one to one
> you send a message always to the switchboard, they dont have a specified
> recipient, and all people connected to the switchboard will receive the
> message (including you), thats why in MSN you receive a
> messageReceived(from, body) signal inmediatly after sending one to the
> switchboard

Yes, on the MSN side it's easy enough... but in Kopete 0.3 the MSN chat dialog
had *no* support for such chats in the GUI essentially making the feature
worthless. Nor did MSNProtocol have any provisions for multi-chats yet. Only
the libkmerlin code had (partial) support for it, but for kopete as whole the
support was incomplete.

In the current KMM branch we have now a KMM and its associated chat window
which can hopefully handle multi-user chats, but MSNProtocol (being the
interface between libkmerlin and KMM) still doesn't have the support.

With both the backend and the GUI now supporting the chats I can finally start
working on them in the middleware. My point though was that being able to
work on it doesn't mean it's supported _now_ ;-)

Martijn