List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] KMM talks
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-12 1:45:22

On Saturday 11 May 2002 23:38, Daniel Stone wrote:
> widget was meant to determine which widget to use for the session, and
> capabilities was meant to determine which capabilities the protocol had.
> For instance, ICQ would probably call KMMF with WIDGET_OLDSCHOOL (being
> KCW), and CAP_BGCOLOUR | CAP_FGCOLOUR, because it was able to control the
> background and foreground colour.
>
> For sending, you could use WIDGET_SEND, for email-like sending
> (traditional Jabber), WIDGET_EMAIL, and so on, and so forth.

If that's put into libkopete it would not be extensible at all when a new
plugin would be written and hence this is IMHO a no-no. I wasn't the one
removing it from the code, I didn't even know it was in, but I definitely
*could* have been the one :-)

This needs fixing in a much more generic way, and I think the other thread
addresses exactly this issue...

Martijn