List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] more design discussions (an also,KMMF bugs)
From:       Andres Krapf <dae () chez ! com>
Date:       2002-05-10 20:22:44

On Friday 10 May 2002 21:59, Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett wrote:

> if I would designed Kopete in that way, I would just made a association
> betewwn plugin names (or ids) and plugins.... but Kopete doesnt behave that
> way, and it doesnt know about the plugins more than a hash that associate
> spec files to plugin objects.
> (may be you can use that)

i didn't mean a protocol identifier (or name).... i meant the following:
instead of
kopeteapp->sessionFactory()->create(user, others, logFile)
having the following
kopeteapp->sessionFactory()->create(user, others, protocol, logFile)
where protocol is a KopeteProtocol*

since we're passing a KopeteProtocol, we're coding to the abstraction of the
protocol, not a particular plugin. so we're safe that way.

we don't need to know anything about plugins whatsoever, it's just an API
change. is that ok ?

cheers,

--
Andres