List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Fwd: Re: kopete-0.3 compilation problem - (followup)
From:       Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-06 22:09:48

----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Subject: Re: kopete-0.3 compilation problem - (followup)
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 16:10:56 -0400
From: kennyz@nycap.rr.com
To: duncan@kde.org
Cc: kennyz@nycap.rr.com, nbetcher@usinternet.com, bodnar42@phalynx.dhs.org

kennyz@nycap.rr.com wrote:
> I'm sorry if it is not proper to write directly to you.  I did not find
> a bug-reporting address on your Kopete website, so this was my best way
> to contact you.
>
> I am trying to compile kopete-0.3 on my Linux system, and it is failing
> on the file prfconnecttabwidget.cpp.  Attached is the compilation log.

Hi guys,

I did some research into my compilation problem.  The class
"KIntSpinBox" was not being found in the file
kopete/protocols/icq/ui/prfconnecttabwidget.cpp

That is a KDE class, contained in the header file knuminput.h.  I added
the line
#include <knuminput.h>
to the top of the file prfconnecttabwidget.h.

Compilation then failed on aimprefs.cpp in kopete/protocols/aim/ui/, so
I added the include for knuminput.h to aimprefs.h.

Compilation then failed on msnprefs.cpp in kopete/protocols/msn/ui/, so
I added the include for knuminput.h to msnprefs.h.

I was then able to finish building and installing Kopete.  It seems that
the files that I modified above are actually generated by the make
process, so I do not know why the include file <knuminput.h> was not
included in the three files that needed it.

I ran Kopete to test it.  The GUI comes up fine, but when I go to
"Configure Kopete", I have no protocols to choose from.  I can see that
protocols got installed into /usr/local/kde/lib (my prefix was
/usr/local/kde), and the /usr/local/kde/lib is in my /etc/ld.so.conf file.

In summary, two questions:

1. Why were prfconnecttabwidget.h, aimprefs.h, and msnprefs.h all
generated without #include <knuminput.h>?

2. Why is the list of available protocols blank?

Please reply ASAP, as I would really like to begin using this software.

Thanks.               -kz

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett     | duncan@puc.cl  |
KDE Developer              | duncan@kde.org |

http://www.mac-vicar.com   | ICQ: 31947372  |