List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    [Kopete-devel] Re: KMM branch?
From:       Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <duncan () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-03 7:19:53

El Friday 03 May 2002 02:49, escribió:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> I just wondered what KMM stands for. How long is that branch going to be
> around? Any use in compiling the KMM branch instead of HEAD?
>
> Volker

dont use it yet.... we are slowly porting all plugins to the new KMM class,
that means a single class that manages the events, logging, the chat window,
etc. So all plugins works the same way, for example, you have a global option
to select either queued messages, or popup window.
So all plugins will use the balloon / tray flashing / sound for queued
messages, and all plugins will be able to popup the window if you want,
additionally, this class supports multi-user chat, well, this support sucks
right now, but we are anticipating the future :-)

Dont use it because there are plugins disabled, others doesnt compile.
If you want to help development, use it, of course.

The branch wa created to be able to left cvs in non-compilable state without
care, this would allow releasing a stable version with old api if we are not
at time with the branch.

Right now, DannyS jabber plugin uses it, and Nick Betcher is doing a good job
porting MSN and ICQ....
(I started with MSN yesterday but finally I asked Nick help... Im with lot of
exams/homework this week, so I prefer spending my little time in core KMM
itself)

Cheers
Duncan

Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett     | duncan@puc.cl  |