List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] KMM question
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-29 19:52:14

On Monday 29 April 2002 21:31, Andres Krapf wrote:
> that'd work, except that KMM is created by a factory which doesn't even
> know which protocol is calling it :-) so the KMM doesn't know either. so to
> do this we need to KMMFactory::create(blah, KopeteProtocolInstance) or
> something like that.

Hmm, indeed. Either we need void KopeteContact::protocol() or add the const
KopeteProtocol* to KMMFactory.

> why give the send() the manager, btw ? all a protocol needs to send a
> message is the KopeteMessage...

The manager holds the list of people participating in the chat, that would
save the protocol very likely a *lot* of internal bookkeeping...

> this might be needed in the future (with KCW subclassing ?)... but not just
> yet :-)

KCW subclassing can be done without KMM sublcassing by adding a virtual KCW*
KopeteProtocol::createChatWindow() call. Maybe we need both, but it's not
unlikely the former and the latter can be kept independent.

Martijn