List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] current cvs won't compile
From:       "Christophe Prud'homme" <prudhomm () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2002-04-27 15:55:52

[Martijn Klingens    Samedi 27 Avril 2002 11:49 AM]:
   > > I think ntohl is defined in net/inet.h
   >
   > Sure, but in what namespace? And more precisely, what namespace for what
   > compiler? GCC 2.9x and 3.x are kinda different wrt namespaces, and
   > that's only gcc. Not to mention irix/aix/solaris/compaq compilers...
they don't belong to any namespace, otherwise that would mean that you use the
C++ ABI to do the linking and they are C functions ! as I said in a earlier
email you would have undefined symbols
try compiling wirth g++ 2.95 and g++ 3.0 with :: and you will see that they
will both fail to compile
the big difference between 3.x and 2.9x regarding namespace is that std:: is
not :: in 3.x but it is in 2.9x otherwise it is the same

c u
C.