List:       kopete-devel
Subject:    Re: [Kopete-devel] Use of QLabel
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-14 10:41:42

On Sunday 14 April 2002 13:38, Hendrik vom Lehn wrote:
> I would suggest not to use QLabel als much, as they are used at the moment
> for two reasons:
> - - They don't scale if the text is too long.

They do. It's easy to make QLabels wordwrap. This is done all around KDE. If
they don't on occasions where they actually should, please report those
issues. Wordwrap is off by default for several reasons, we may need to enable
it for some labels.

> - - You can't copy text from them. (eg: copy the uin of an icq-user in the
> user-info dialog).

Indeed you can't. Please report the (few) places where those would be useful.
We should use the QLabel variant that KMessageBox for example also uses
there, because that one can select text.

Martijn