List:       konsole-devel
Subject:    Re: [Konsole-devel] KDE 4.3
From:       Arno_Töll <lists () toell ! net>
Date:       2009-03-27 15:15:36

Kurt Hindenburg wrote:
> Hello, and thanks for the patch.   I committed a small part of it last week so
> as to get a dbus framework in Konsole.  I had thought Robert had mentioned (a
> long time ago?) what commands he wanted dbus to handle for Konsole.  That is
> really what I meant by parts.

Not precisely indeed. We had some discussions  about, where he clarified
some things (e.g. [1]) but he gave me more or less the possibility to
do, whatever I want. To be honest, Robert gave the chance to throw away
the XML DBus IDL that existed that days (which were a simple port of the
 DCOP interface) since "[I] can throw them out entirely if you like -
nobody is depending on them that I know of".
I changed some things there, since I found out the code base changed
dramatically, so a "simple" port was not possible and each application
using DCOP has to be reimplented anyway. So I didn't bother about it and
did my own (which is not very different by the way) and posted some time
ago my plans to this list here, but I got no feedback.

Well, I have no idea what you are going to commit now or not. :)

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?t=122840895000005&r=1&w=2