List:       konsole-devel
Subject:    Re: [Konsole-devel] Konsole Win32 port
From:       lars.doelle () on-line ! de
Date:       2006-11-02 1:47:47

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 16:15, Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Pavel Danchenko said the following, On 2006-10-31 15:47:
>
> > I am thinking about porting Konsole application to native Win32, but I
> > have no idea how to start over.

I don't believe a native Win32 port is possible at all without stumbling into
major conceptually incompatibilities and failing there.

A MS-Windows console window is controlled by an API, see:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dllproc/base/character_mode_applications.asp

This has conceptually nothing to do with the konsole or with any other
terminal and i doubt that any code from the konsole could be reused for
a better MS-Windows console window. The whole infrastructure is too
different.

-lars