[Jonathan: This might be usefull for an "advanced" section in the konsole=20 handbook?] On Tuesday 04 June 2002 01:28 am, Eduardo wrote: > Hi, > I am very happy with this sotware, but it could be more pretty if it has a > "start section" which launch all sessions that I use (9 sessions with a > name different each one, with 8 ssh and one local). I must repeat this all > days when I start to use, launch all, rename it, and launch ssh. In this > "start section", I could define the numbers of sessions, theirs name, and= a > command to execute when the session is opened (ssh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in my > case), would this a future feature? A hot key for new sessions would be > nice too. Thanks for your excellent work. > Best regards. With KDE 3 this is already possible to a large extent. If you don't mind=20 writing a small script, try the following: KONSOLE=3D`dcopstart konsole` dcop $KONSOLE konsole dcop $KONSOLE session-1 You can now start a new session with e.g. dcop $KONSOLE konsole newSession su ls $KDEDIR/share/apps/konsole/*.desktop gives you an overview of all availa= ble=20 session types. You can create new session types by making a new .desktop fi= le=20 in that directory. You can also use the directory $KDEHOME/share/apps/konso= le=20 for this. You can also use dcop in the konsole window itself, try e.g. dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP and dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP_SESSION =46or example to rename the current session you can use: dcop $KONSOLE_DCOP_SESSION renameSession 'New Session Name' Cheers, Waldo =2D-=20 bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com _______________________________________________ konsole-devel mailing list konsole-devel@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/konsole-devel