List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Features proposal
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-08 9:41:15

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:32:35AM +0200, Arnaud Rolly wrote:
> When I'll have the possibility to compile the CVS version, i'd like to
> add few functionnalities :
> - Disable the popup menu when right-clicking on an url

I believe this should certainly be configurable. I think the way to go
is to make the popupMenu slot part of the gui specific portion of the
mainwindow, so you'd have a mainwindow_whateveryoursis and implement
the slot as dummy/noop in there, while implementations in mainwindow_x11
and mainwindow_qpe would hold the current implementation.
The other option would be to make it configurable via a kconfig option
(actually, I think that's the more elegant approach, and it should be
cheap enough)

> - No border for the main window

Hm, sounds like a reason for a mainwindow_kiosk.cpp :)

> - More keyboard bindings

Sounds like a good idea (if it can be done via accels which in turn
can become noops when compiling with QT_NO_ACCEL)

> - No toolbar

Ah, another reason for mainwindow_kiosk :)

> - Lirc support (to browse the Web with a remote controller!)

Maybe this could be implemented on an X or Qt/Embedded level?

> - More source code documentation

That's a good idea! :)

> - ...
> All these functions (excepted Lirc support) are already working on my
> system.
> Of course, all these options should be enabled by autoconf (./configure
> --disable-url-popup...)
> The goal is to adapt konqueror for public information terminals and STBs.

Nice :)

> Any suggestions about the functionnalities ?
> (are you all ok with it ?)

I'm fine with it in general, but I'd love to see the patch before comitting
it to the repository (also wrt to the above comments) .

Bye,
 Simon