List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: konq-embed patch
From:       Simon Hausmann <hausmann () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-02-03 22:53:21

On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 11:02:49PM +0100, Axel Barnitzke wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Simon Hausmann wrote:
>
> > > (2) Missing authentication cache.  The patch adds something very basic.
> >
> > Excellent stuff! (it's been on my TODO quite for a while but I never found
> > motivation to do it :-)
> > I like your approach of doing it through the mini-dcop. My first idea was
> > to do it through the KIO interface, but apparently your approach is much
> > cleaner/better. Thanks again! :-)
> >
> > I integrated your patch into the CVS (see cvs log / kde-cvs ) , renamed
> > a few things and did some minor cleanups.
>
> Ok, would you please be so kind and check in the 'authinfo.h' file too
> (otherwise I'll have some difficulties in compiling that stuff ;-)

Ah, the file is in the Repository, it is part of kdelibs/kio .

Ok, as I guess you're not the only one having trouble here some general
hints when following the CVS stuff :-) (it is a pain, I know, and I
would like to apologize a bit for it, but on the other hand: that's
life ;-) maybe I'll see if I can setup a cronjob to provide more
frequent snapshot tarballs which should contain all necessary stuff)

o When you run into trouble with missing files or the like: The files
  are most likely in kdelibs (yes, I have to admit that this is a
  disadvantage of the konq/e development model, but it's the price
  we have to pay for our advantage of being able to use the original
  KDE sources (or parts of it) .
  -> Always update kdelibs and the kdenox module
  -> When you run into trouble (missing files) then run 'make -f Makefile.cvs'
     in kdenox. This will launch the prepare_kde_src script to copy over
     files. So as an additional hint: If you do a cvs update and see a
     modification for the prepare_kde_src script you can be sure that
     I did nasty stuff and fiddled around with the kdelibs dependencies ;-)
     -> run Makefile.cvs :-)

o my ~/.cvsrc looks like this:
  update -dPA
  diff -u -p -b
  cvs -qz6
  checkout
  ;-)

  (the 'update' options are specially important to make sure to always get
   the HEAD branch, no old files and always get the newest stuff)

Hope this helps a bit :-}

Bye,
 Simon