On Tuesday 17 January 2006 13:36, Eva Brucherseifer wrote: > Hi Luciano, > > > > > Ok, from your mail I understand, that you suggest that we develop > > > > directly in kdenox and maybe even kdelibs. Is that ok for > > > > everybody? > > > > > > From next week on, it's fine with me if you want to work on the > > > trunk. I'll prepare a snapshot during the weekend; after that, it's > > > ok if the repository gets a bit unstable. Plus, many points of your > > > todo will be generally useful. > > > > Ok. If we work on the same code base the chance that stuff will be > > available later on is much bigger. You probably know how projects are - > > time is short and motivation for extra work like merging things back > > decreases. > > > > So if it is doable for us to work on one code basis (kdenox), it > > probably gives the best results. Regarding kdelibs I'd stay with 3.5 > > for now and maybe not change too much stuff over there. But maybe we > > can discuss this later once we have concrete things. > > we've discussed this in our team and we are not so sure anymore, this > would work at all. For the Qt4 port you'll probably switch to kdelibs > from trunk, which is already different from current kdelibs 3.5. Also Qt4 > is very different from Qt3 and we already have problems to keep Qt3 and > Qt2 code together. Trying to support 3 Qt versions would very likely > result in patch hell and we would not come to a working solution. > > Therefore I'd like to suggest the following: > - we create a 3.5 branch for kdenox, which moves along the kdelibs 3.5 > branch. - you can then work on kdenox trunk to work with kdelibs trunk > - we will very likely create a work branch of kdenox which works without > copying and patching kdelibs file (with local copies), for easier > synchronisation in our team. > > Also we'd like to move on with this already this week, as our schedule is > tight (deadline is end of march). > > Is that ok for you? It's ok for me, but I think I'll not start really on KDE4 porting for a while yet. In this case, I can make my regular snapshots fron the head, until things get stable again, or until I begin Qt4 porting work again on head. But since your project schedule is so tight, we'll have KDE3.5 snapshots too, for the upcoming dot releases, if they are needed. Luciano > > Greetings, > eva -- Luciano Montanaro // \\ // \x/ www.cirulla.net _______________________________________________ konq-e mailing list konq-e@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/konq-e