List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Konqueror embedded Q
From:       yan seiner <yan () seiner ! com>
Date:       2006-01-12 14:32:36

Holger Schurig wrote:

>>I hope to solve my kernel memory problem this morning, and start cutting
>>down on the resources that konq needs....  Right now, between qt and
>>libstdc++ and the various konq libs, it needs about 20 MB +!!!
>>

>Maybe you don't need libstdc++?  Try to link Qt and your Qt app with
>libsupc++.

Thanks for the pointer.... I've googled about and it looks like
libsupc++ will work....

How do I link against it?  The config scripts don't have any option for
linking against libstdc++....  AFAICT g++ automagically picks up
libstdc++....  (Sorry, I'm very familiar with c++ development.....)

I'd like to do it within the framework of qt-e/konq-e scripts....

Thanks,

--Yan