List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: QT/E-3.x
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2005-03-09 10:04:04

El Miércoles 09 Marzo 2005 01:05, Stanimir escribió:
> Problem solved when using "--disable-rpath".
>  But after 10 min. in compilation (on Athlon 2.8) new error appears
> saying that qt_xdisplay function called from khtmview.cpp is not
> defined. I'm tired, apparently  Konq/E can not be compiled within normal
> development environment of a production distro (like Fedora Core3 for
> ex.). It requires knowlegment beyond my horizon, I'm afraid. If someone
> succeeded to compile the latest Konq/E with qt-3.3.x for x86 in some
> wield development environment, please send me a link to the binary
> executable. I'm curios  to see what it is looks like.
> It is a pity aldo...Konq/E was the only full featured web browser not
> required X.

My main focus currently is on a stripped down konqueror that does not
require the full KDE environment, and I am currently in the process of
porting the embedded browser to kdelibs 3.4. KDE 3.4 is not really out of
the door yet, so it's still a bit of a moving target.

The rough edges can be hammered out, but it will take time, and any help
would be appreciated.

As you suggested, I just updated the download page, and now there is a link
pointing to a snapshot of kdenox.

Check it out at

http://www.cirulla.net/kdenox-snapshots/

Cheers,
Luciano
--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root