List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: [konq-e] dcopidl not found
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2004-04-24 8:39:25

On Saturday 24 April 2004 15:42, Barry Kauler wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:34:15 -0400
> "Hihn, Jason" <Jason.Hihn@verint.com> wrote:
>
> > Read the message archive, I know we just got done talking about this,
> > this or last week.
>
> Thanks, I found it. Repeating for any newcomer, Luciano wrote that his
> "latest and greatest" still needs to have kdelibs installed to get the
> dcopidl program (greater than or equal to v3.1).
>
> I'm running out of room in my partition, and I don't want to go down
> that path anyway, and in my case there's no hurry, so I request
> Luciano to put dcopidl into the konq-e tarball sometime, and I'll
> wait for it!

Yes, I think the missing dcopidl sources should eventually be included
in the snapshots. However, I'm not sure when I'll be able to do the
needed work. Hopefully next weekend I'll find the time.

In the meantime, if you need the dcopidl program, you could download
kdelibs-3.2, configure them, cd into the dcop directory and invoke
'make' && make install there. That should compile the dcop stuff.
I think it depends only on the Qt library, so you should be ok.
In fact, I think you should be able to cd to the dcop/dcopidl
sudbirectory, invoke make and install it.

Regards,
Luciano