List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: errors in cross-compiling
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2004-03-16 11:49:50

xycheng97 wrote:
> Hi,
> When I try to cross-compiling konqueror-e on sh4-linux, there are errors.
Can
> anybody help? Below is the error message:
>
> In file included from /usr/include/netinet/in.h:212,
>                  from ../../kdesrc/kio/http/http.h:27,
>                  from slavebase.cpp:32:
> [...]

That's obviously wrong -> "/usr/include/netinet/in.h"

In a cross building environment the host's include files and libraries must
not be used. This may be tricky as the autoconf script may look them up in
unexpected places.

Please use one of the available cross-compiling scripts available on the
Internet.
The ones I use (for an ARM processor but can be easily edited) are here:

http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/xconfigure
http://users.pcnet.ro/pchitescu/konq-e/xmake

These hold more settings than what are strictly required for konq/e as I use
them to cross-build other packages too.

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673