List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: klibloader / launcher unkwon signal 15
From:       Luciano Montanaro <mikelima () cirulla ! net>
Date:       2004-03-03 14:22:17

On Wednesday 03 March 2004 14:34, Jason Hihn wrote:
> Thank you Luciano!
> I'll get around to building your newest version in a day or two, for now I'm
> busy testing the last successful build I had (Without SSL, though SSL is
> desired)
>
> PS. What did you use to figure out the problem?

The new snapshot is not much different. In fact the only significant difference
is probably the change of the klibloader assert() to a more lenient kdError().

The assert problem has happened to me too, but I have not much time
currently to look after it in depth. For the curious, here are the
missing symbols:

PKCS7_content_free
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf

Konqueror seems to open https sites well enough, even with these
missing symbols. I don't know if this will pose security problems.

I'll have to check recent kde3.1 libraries to see if the ssl handling has
changed to accomodate newer OpenSSL versions.

However, I'd like to move to the kde3.2 code base as soon as possible,
as the newer konqueror seems to be much better under many perspectives
(except, sadly, binary size).

Luciano