List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: Cache problem
From:       "Paul Chitescu" <Paul.Chitescu () IMC-Group ! org>
Date:       2003-09-24 10:59:59

> [...]
> I also place this settings in konq-embedrc but it still doesn't work.
> I run Konqueror by konqueror -qws
> Do you know in with directory cache file should be placed by Konqueror? I
can't find them.
> [...]

There is some trouble with the cache in Konqueror/Embedded...

In order for both the cache and the cache cleaner to work you must set in
konq-embedrc:

[http Settings]
CacheDir=<KDEHOME>/share/apps/kio_http/cache

Replace <KDEHOME> with the KDE homedir - typically $HOME/.kde

This path is hardcoded in the cache cleaner. If the two of them don't match
the cache will grow indefinitely. If you provide no CacheDir the cache will
be disabled.

WARNING: if you use Konq/E together with other KDE applications you should
provide a different KDEHOME to avoid file clashes. You can do that by
setting the KDEHOME environment variable - something like this:

export KDEHOME="$HOME/.kde-e"

In that case the user's CacheDir will be typically:
CacheDir=/home/PLACE_USERNAME_HERE/.kde-e/share/apps/kio_http/cache

Good luck.

--
 Paul Chitescu
 pchitescu@null.ro   http://pchitescu.null.ro/   ICQ:22641673