List:       konq-e
Subject:    Re: I am ready to merge the last changes needed by kdelibs 3.1
From:       Benjamin Reed <ranger () befunk ! com>
Date:       2003-02-19 15:13:27

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 10:02 AM, Luciano Montanaro wrote:

> Yes, there are still some problems with the plumbings...
> The KCookieServer::windowUnregistered is fixed in my local tree,
> I'll commit it in a short while. I'm looking at the other problems
> just now. Do you manage to browse the nete on your setup,
> apart from that?

Nope.  :(

It's appearing to be pulling data from the web page, but it never gets
to the screen.

> I've found out that currently the preferences dialog does not appear
> anymore
> (it worked with kdelibs 3.0, if I remember correctly), and the history
> arrows
> do not work.

I'm not so worried about that yet as getting stuff to even display at
this point.  I suspect that's not really a problem in your code.  When
I put a URL on the command-line, I get this:

debug: (1364) GET / HTTP/1.1
debug: (1364) Connection: Keep-Alive
debug: (1364) Accept: text/*, image/jpeg, image/png, image/*, */*
debug: (1364) Accept-Encoding: x-gzip, x-deflate, gzip, deflate,
identity
debug: (1364) Accept-Charset: iso-8859-1, utf-8;q=0.5, *;q=0.5
debug: (1364) Accept-Language: en
debug: (1364) Host: ranger.befunk.com
debug: (1364) HTTPProtocol::httpOpenConnection
debug: DCOPDispatcher::slotDispatch() 15
debug: error reading from dcop client!
debug: removed client!
Slave::slotDispatch() : abort!

...so somewhere down the line, it's having issues pulling the data and
displaying it.